1. Help Center
  2. Government Resources

Are there any government programs available to support those individuals who work as contractors for tourism businesses rather than as employees?

There are programs available through the government for self-employed individuals and independent contractors.

There are programs through EI and the new CERB.  There are a number of factors they look at to determine if someone is eligible so you should refer any contract employees to the Canada.ca website or they can call Service Canada directly.

 These are programs that are changing daily so register for the Vancouver Island Coastal Tourism Resiliency Program or consult official government sites to better understand what programs you may be eligible for.